Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Triforce Saga continues.

So it has been a while since I reviewed some things, and sadly I am unable to make good on two reviews for this blog. Oot and Majora's Mask. Mainly because my N64 that has been sitting in a cabinet for an ungodly amount of time. Well it no longer works. However I was able to play Zelda  and Zelda 2. Much to my dismay at the thought of playing Zelda 2. Anyway on to the review.



The Legend of Zelda:

So ages ago back on the NES, a little gem appeared. Yes, the first Zelda game made it's way onto the scene with its oodles of goodies. I never got my hands on the game during the NES days, but thanks to the magic of people I was finally able to play it.

Story: Well frankly all of the story is in the manual for the game, as it was not until LTTP that we got a lovely story in the game. You are Link you must brave hazards to save Zelda, and stop the evil Gannon. Even though it is simplistic in nature it has been a good formula for the series so far.

Graphics: Ye olde school graphics ahoy. Truthfully they hold up really well, at least to me.  Everything feels smooth, from the sword swing, to the bombs going boom. It seems that in this day and age that 8bit/sprite graphics tend to hold up better through the ages.

Gameplay: Well shoot, I am lost. You are plopped into the game, with no info on where to go, and can explore everything from the get go. Hell you can even have some of the best gear before the first dungeons. While it worked well for the first game. I feel it would not have worked with it's sequels. I found myself lost for hours playing blindly for a good 5 or so, before I decided to look at a map and guide. But I enjoyed every last bit of it.


Length: Depending at how good you are, how much you have payed, if you have a guide. I would say anywhere from 2-7 hours. Though they will be filled with some of the best classic gaming can offer.

I really don't have much else to say. I know it is a lackluster review, but Zelda 1 was pretty short game. I could talk about how there are far too many things to find, and that got me side tracked from the main game. But THAT IS THE POINT OF IT. Sure things are way too hidden, but exploring and burning every bush/bombing every wall gets you to find everything.

Next time: Zelda 2, the blacksheep of OMGWTF

No comments:

Post a Comment